Anyone else feel like they are chasing life down the street? That it’s moving ahead of you a bit more every day?
I didn’t used to feel this way. I think it’s the kids…who knew they came with such increased chaos?
Anyway, this week I could maybe should be at the RWA National Conference in D.C., but I chose to stay home…second year in a row staying home. And, I have to say, I don’t regret it, because this darn life of mine is hard enough to keep under control without me trying to chomp out five days (plus shopping) for a conference.
What am I doing/done? (warning it doesn’t sound like that much…)
- Edits on February 2010 Nocturne x 7 because it’s an every day thing this week
- Housework…not much because I’m trying to be honest here…
- Took kid #1 to Doctor (three hour visit)
- Took kids to county fair
- Emailed and twittered (following RWA National…hmm, maybe this has something to do with out-of-control life…)
- Updated web site…And it is still seriously not up-to-date
- Entered receipts/paid bills…another seriously waited-too-long task
- Fish shopping…TWICE because first one died same day!
- Interview with and conversing with Husky Rescue people about adopting a new dog…
- Preparing kids for next week’s camp AND house in general for potential new dog
- Driving five hours to see potential new dog…and back…
- Jogging, but not enough…it could be worse, I could be at National sucking down daiquiris…
- 5,000 other little things I have now forgotten
So, there’s my list…do I deserve to feel out of control? Probably not…sigh.
Nah Lori, you don’t deserve it and we’ve all been there. Go there while in menopause – fun times for all!!!
You know, out of all that stuff you listed, screw the housework, blow off the tweets, emails, and blogs, and tell people “no” occasionally. Do the edits and pay the bills – gotta keep the roof and a full fridge – but other than that, just enjoy the kids and the new (gorgeous) dog. Things like kids, dogs, a good book, and watermelon on a hot day is really all life boils down to….if you left the earth today, is being remembered as a hell of a housekeeper really gonna matter?? Relax girl, and think about the good things in your life!! I’ve read your books, I know you can conjure up something! :wink:
Oh I could not agree more with my dear friend Cybercliper!!!! I second everything she has suggested!!!!
But I do love the dog, amazing beautiful!!!!
I do have you have a wonderful weekend!!! Enjoy yourself and have a big glass of wine!!
Super cute dog and wonderful that you’re getting him from a rescue group! What will his name be if you do bring him home?
What a beautiful dog!!! :D
Busy bee… have a great weekend! Take a breath…
Thanks everybody! We got the dog. His name is Wilson. He seems to be settling in pretty well, although I took him for a three mile jog this morning which seemed to tire him out…for about 15 min… :)
He is also bigger than we expected. We used to have two really big dogs…one 120 pounds, one 85. I don’t think Wilson will get that big, but I think he could easily hit 60. All the more reason to get him trained well!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend. It is beautiful in Wisconsin!